[CentOS] selinux on/off percentage

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:51:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

>>     Just wondering if there is any statiscs report of selinxu usages in
>> production environment? I know some still turn it off.
>
> If you have machines purposely serving things to the masses on the
> Internet, you should take the time to make SELinux work properly on
> those machines.

Another statistic I'd like to see is how much admin time this costs on
the average to learn and implement.   Has anyone really measured this?
  Are there training courses specifically to cover it?   You might get
an idea from the length and cost of the training if it covers all the
quirks.   These days most of the built-in stuff is pre-configured for
someone's idea of working (apache not being able to send mail doesn't
match my definition, though...), but any third-party or local
additions to a targeted service will take time to set up.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com