[CentOS] Antwort: Re: Zero Configuration Networking on CentOS 5.8

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:05:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Andreas Reschke <
Andreas.Reschke at behrgroup.com> wrote:

> centos-bounces at centos.org schrieb am 03.04.2012 15:18:14:
>
> > Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>
> > Gesendet von: centos-bounces at centos.org
> >
> > 03.04.2012 15:18
> >
> > Bitte antworten an
> > CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
> >
> > An

> > Kopie
> >
> > Thema
> >
> > Re: [CentOS] Zero Configuration Networking on CentOS 5.8

> > > understand
> the
> > >
> > > Is this for home use, or work? I suppose it's ok for someone who
> doesn't
> > > know nothin', and doesn't want to know nothin'. Certainly, I turn it
> > > *off*, permanently, at work, where it's all wired and we run dhcpd.
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > The settings are on the remote production server. Please suggest
> further.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Kaushal
>
> Hi Kaushal,
>
> on server there is no need to configure zeroconf. I don't want to use it
> on servers.

ok, if its enabled will it be an overhead on the Network Interface NIC Card
or Network Traffic or additional load on the server and to disable it,
basically i need to set as NOZEROCONF=true in /etc/sysconfig/network as per
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Deployment_Guide/s2-sysconfig-network.html

Please suggest further.

Regards

Kaushal