[CentOS] 32/64-bit Library Sharing and Placement

Brian McGrew bdmcgrew at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 04:33:22 UTC 2012

I'm rebuilding much of the gnu toolchain for some development testing I'm working.  GMP, MPC, MPFR, PPL, as well as many others.  I need to be able to have both 32 and 64 bit versions of these libraries avilable on the system, in more or less the same path (/toolchain/lib, /toolchain/lib64).

Generically speaking, is there an easy way to build both 32 and 64 bit versions a the same time???  Or, more specifically, what is the best way to get both versions built???

CentOS 6.2 on a Dell 1900 with Xeon 5130 CPU's.

After a few more hours of digging, I believe what I'm wanting is multilib???

Is there a way to get a 32 and 64 bit build (multilib?) in one pass?  If not, what is the easiest way to do this?

-brian