[CentOS] Next kernel?

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Thu Apr 5 14:32:53 UTC 2012

First, let me say that I don't know if you're getting paid for the work
you do for CentOS, but the speed that you put out updates - they're out
around or before I get the email from RH - is very much appreciated, and
if we're ever at the same place, I'd like to buy you a drink.

Now, a week or two ago, someone was posting here, having problems with NFS
hanging under a heavy load, and IIRC, mentioned successfully testing with
a newer RHEL kernel - was it 2.6.32-250 or so? - and I was wondering how
soon that was in the pipeline, because I'd like to play with it. We don't
have it hanging with the current and last couple 6.2 kernels, but reading
from and writing to an NFS-mounted directory is six times slower than
reading from that directory, and writing to the local disk; for that
reason, we've stopped pushing the migration from 5.x to 6.2 on our home
directory servers, and rolled several back to 5.x

       mark