[CentOS] screen brightness changes depending on which application is run

Jeff Cen

jeff_cen at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 18:18:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

I found my LCD screen brightness increase when I use firefox and other white background editors and screen brightness decrease when I use dark background applications, such as terminals with black background .  The change in screen brightness depending on the applications has been annoying.

My centos version is ver 5.7 64 bit.  Has anyone seen a similar problem or have a solution for that?  Thanks in advance.

Jeff