[CentOS] Build one VM with two 5.7 DVD iso

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:52:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> On 04/11/2012 09:19 AM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>> Vinay Nagrik wrote on 04/10/2012 12:36 PM:
>>> How could I build complete 5.7 centos VM with two different Centos DVDs.
>>>
>> In addition to other viable suggestions, you can also combine the two
>> images into one.
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CDtoDVDMedia
>>

> In reality, having a local repository and using the net-install ISO is
> the way to do installs if you are doing many repeatable installs anyway.

With VMware ESXi at least, it is pretty simple to use iso image files
directly.  Just download to a directory under an NFS export, mount the
NFS export into the ESXi server, then when setting up the virtual
machine, connect the CD/DVD drive to a 'Datastore ISO File' that you
can browse to and check the 'connect at power on' box.   If you copy
out the /images directory from the iso to the containing directory you
can use the same files as the target for NFS installs from the
net-install iso when installing on physical hardware.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com