[CentOS] URGENT -- pseudo network interface creating problem with dhcp-- centos 5.5

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 02:21:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 04/11/12 9:36 AM, sri wrote:
>> 4) Have you checked if your motherboard IPMI is not pulling an address
>> during boot?
>> -- Frankly, not sure how to check motherboard IPMI messages. Verified
>> dmesg output. Following is the dmesg output.
>> Please share any way to check motherboard IPMI is pulling another address?
>
> well, first, does your motherboard *HAVE* an IPMI management module, and
> if so, does it use a  dedicated ethernet port, or is it 'piggybacked' on
> eth0 ?   the behavior shown could be the latter.
>
> I'd look in the system or motherboard documentation for this...
> depending on the IPMI module, it may have a web or ssh interface, or it
> may require another system contact it via an 'ipmitool' of some sort.
> It probably has an initial user/pass like admin/admin which should be
> reconfigured during system configuration and deployment.

There might be an option in the bios setup to disable IPMI or give it
a static address.

And are you really sure it is from this machine?   If you
disconnect/shut down, do both IP's stop responding?  If you can't
trace the wiring from the switch port you are checking to the host,
maybe there is an intermediate switch/hub with some other device.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com