[CentOS] upgrade issue

Paul A

razor at meganet.net
Fri Apr 13 17:19:56 UTC 2012

I have an old dell 2450 that was running kernel 2.6.18-308.1.1.el5 I then
upgraded it via yum to 2.6.18-308.1.1.el5. Now when the server boots to the
new kernel, 2.6.18-308.1.1.el5 it hangs on "starting iSCSI" and the weird
thing is when I tried to switch back to the older 2.6.18-308.1.1.el5 kernel
it works fine but the network script fails to start. I'm not really sure
what I should do, if someone can give me an idea on what I need to do to fix
the iSCSId issue on the new kernel or revert back to the old kernel and fix
the network issue. The odd thing is both kernel load the e100 network driver
but on the older kernel I can get the network script to start.

I would appreciate some help.

paul