[CentOS] upgrade issue

Dale Dellutri daledellutri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 20:56:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Paul A <razor at meganet.net> wrote:
> Dale, I disabled it and the server came up but im seeing all sorts of kernel
> errors when its disabled ( see below ). If this can't be fixed I would
> really like to boot the previous kernel however the network script won't
> start. Im not really sure how upgrading the kernel caused the network to
> stop working on the previous kernel.

Nor do I know how upgrading could do that.  What other changes have
you made?

Two questions:
1. Is the previous kernel (with iscsi and iscsid enabled) giving any error
messages in the log when you attempt to boot it.
2. Is your RAID using local disks or disks on an iscsi target device?
If local, iscsi shouldn't have anything to do with RAID.  If on an iscsi
target device, then you need iscsi and iscsid enabled.

I'd suggest re-enabling iscsi and iscsid and try to solve the network problem
with the old kernel.

Dale Dellutri