[CentOS] dhcp annoyances

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Apr 16 14:26:11 UTC 2012

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 04/16/2012 09:04 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Lars Hecking wrote:
>>>  No such option is listed in the dhcpd.conf man page. Get rid of it,
>>>  the filename directive before that is all you need.
>> That's fine... but getting rid of that won't make the original annoyance
>> go away.
>
> If you remove the dhcp.bootfile-name option line, how will that not fix
> your problem?

I just added that Friday. We've been getting the original error message
for weeks? months? for the configuration *without*
   option dhcp.bootfile-name

For example,
Apr  2 13:45:44 <hostname> dhcpd: parse_option_buffer: malformed option
dhcp.bootfile-name (code 67): option length exceeds option buffer length.

which is the annoyance I was trying to fix. At that time, the dhcpd.conf
section for pxebooting was
group {
        allow booting;
        allow bootp;