[CentOS] The requested URL was not found on this server - Solved!

William Hooper whooperhsd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:24:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Prabhpal S. Mavi
<prabhpal at digital-infotech.net> wrote:
> Dear Community Friends,
>
> sorry to inform that following solutions did not solve the error "The
> requested URL was not found on this server"
>
> $url_path = "/cacti/";
> or
> Alias /cacti /var/www/html/cacti/

You actually need both.  Did you set the DocumentRoot back to the
default?  Did you verify that the $url_path isn't commented out in the
config (I believe it is by default).  I can say for certain that it is
working for me with the defautl DocumentRoot and the $url_path set
correctly.

> in the end to make it work, i have to leave the default DocumetRoot in
> httpd.conf to "/var/www/html" and crate virtual host for cacti and give
> it's DocumetRoot as following and everything is fine now.

That is also another way to handle it.

--
William Hooper