[CentOS] strange partitioning problem

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Thu Apr 19 19:14:48 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 06:55 PM, Boris Epstein wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn<
> dennisml at conversis.de>  wrote:
>
>> On 04/12/2012 03:14 PM, Boris Epstein wrote:
>>> Hello listmates,
>>>
>>> Here's I am, trying to install Centos 6.2 64-bit on a server with 24 TB
<snip>
> By all appearances this is not GPT but rather MSDOS table. And this may be
> bad news overall. See this:
>
> http://richardjh.org/blog/install-centos-onto-large-partitions-using-gpt-disk-layout/
>
> Boris.

The link you provided is for CentOS 5.0 and GPT, and you are installing
CentOS 6.2.
I read somewhere that CentOS 6.x creates/supports GPT tables if Disk is
larger then 2TB.

- Have you initialized that RAID with MSDOS partition (manually or with
older/different distro) or was it by CentOS 6.2 installation DVD?
- What happens if you initialize RAID with GPT?

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...