[CentOS] local repo question

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Apr 20 16:59:27 UTC 2012

> You should post entire error text. Are you sure that that dbus package
> is not corrupted? Try downloading it fo local directory and install from
> there.
> Or just delete dbus rpm and run rsync again (or whatever) and then
> createrepo.

The rest of the message had no additional information so I did not
include it.
However the entire message is this:

A fatal error occurred when installing the dbus package.
This could indicate errors when reading the installation
media. Installation cannot continue.

Exit Installer

Funny thing is there is no dbus "update" at this time. There is no
dbus* file in my /var/www/html/centos/6/updates/x86_64/Packages directory.

This must be the original dbus package from the 6.2 DVD download.
If I comment the "repo" line in my kickstart file - the install goes fine.

So the dbus package should be good. It works without the "repo" line.

my repo line in my kickstart file is:
repo --name=Updates --baseurl=http://192.168.1.14/centos/6/updates/x86_64/

I have re-ran the "createrepo ." and tried my install again with the
same results.

I am confused.
What do I do next?

Jerry