[CentOS] A request from the CentOS Project

Tilman Schmidt t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Fri Apr 20 22:50:31 UTC 2012

On 04/20/2012 05:19 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> You mean when the internet consisted of defense contractors and the
>> universities in that business?  I prefer 'open to the public', even
>> with the baggage it brings.

Nope, I mean the early nineties, when the Internet was still young and
largely spam free, but definitely not limited to U.S. defense anymore,
the web was just one of those novel ideas, and my boss asked me why on
earth we should request a public IP address block when UUCP worked just
as well for E-mail. (He didn't know about Usenet, thankfully, otherwise
he'd probably have prohibited it.)

Am 20.04.2012 18:34, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> lets not get carried away, and try to atleast keep conversations CentOS
> centric. I am sure there are other venues for social and general chit chat.

Aw, c'mon, it's weekend, don't be a killjoy.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH