[CentOS] problems with PV snapshots

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Mon Apr 23 01:44:03 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
| Hello,
| I have a Centos 6.2 clsuter with a CLVM partition on which I have a
| GFS2
| file system.
| The problem rises when I make a snapshot from my FC NetAPP FAS2020.
| After I make the snapshot (it is a rw snapshot) of my LUN, I am not
| able
| to mount it from any of my cluster nodes,
| because the Physical Volume is seen two times one time on the
| standard
| LVM partition
| and the other time on the snapshot partition so te PV is foudn to be
| duplicate and I cannot mount it.
|
|  > pvs
|    Found duplicate PV 5ZTDCmWHDH6M04nl58Wyyi3nYG8BOCRo: using
| /dev/mapper/mpathl not /dev/mapper/mpathi
|    PV                 VG          Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
|    /dev/mapper/mpathk NetCluster0 lvm2 a--    1.67t 1020.00m
|

| I need a hint on how to fix this problem. I need to access the
| snaphot
| volume to backup my data but I am unable to do it...
|
| thank you very much

HINT:  You'll need to generate a new UUID/rename the PV. (pvchange -u)

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached
in life but as by the obstacles they have overcome. - Booker T. Washington