[CentOS] XEN or KVM - performance/stability/security?

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:32:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM, aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for stock kernels, you mean HVMs right?
>
> I was speaking more about PVMs which is faster and more flexible then HVMs.

No, with pygrub you can run a stock kernel on a PVM domU:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/PyGrub

> I never had any issues with Xen other then VGA and USB pass through.
>
> But Xen ran well for me.
>
> As for convenience, I'm into KVM now, very cool features with pass throughs, graphics etc...

USB pass through has worked fine for me under Xen. Never had the need
for graphics for my servers. For desktops I've been happy with
Parallels and VirtualBox.

But from comments it sounds like KVM is maturing and I should perhaps
give it a try.

Regards,
Peter