[CentOS] strange partitioning problem

Boris Epstein borepstein at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 21:34:49 UTC 2012

> Yeah, I just read a thread about it in this mailing list:
> On 04/18/2012 10:18 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
>  > do I need to preboot into a shell or something and use parted  before I
>  > can install ?
> I use a bootable CD with gparted to create the GPT partition table and
> the partitions.
>
> After this, I can boot CentOS and install on the created partitions.
>
> Mogens
>

> Thread is named "3TB system drive partitioning question", from 2 days ago.
>

> --
>
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic
> (Love is in the Air)
> PL Computers
> Serbia, Europe

OK, I just used Gparted Live ( http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php ,
a very useful distro, by the way) to create a GPT partitioned disk. Then I
booted the netinstall for CentOS 6.2 - and it just fails to see the data on
that disk! It wants to wipe it clean - apparently, to create an MS-DOS
partition on it!

How do I get around this now? In short - and this is a question for
everybody - how do I install CentOS 6.2 on a GPT partitioned drive, or
create a GPT partition as I go?

Thanks.

Boris.