[CentOS] problems with PV snapshots

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Tue Apr 24 10:40:20 UTC 2012

On 4/24/12 12:05 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> |    Found duplicate PV 5ZTDCmWHDH6M04nl58Wyyi3nYG8BOCRo: using
>> | /dev/mapper/mpathl not /dev/mapper/mpathi
>> |    PV                 VG          Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
>> |    /dev/mapper/mpathk NetCluster0 lvm2 a--    1.67t 1020.00m
>> |
> <snip>
>> HINT:  You'll need to generate a new UUID/rename the PV. (pvchange -u)
>>
> I suggest to first backup original UUID to some file, then change it. It
> might be needed.

the main problem is that the volumes I am talking about are clustered
volumes and even umounting them
give me troubles because looks liek I Cannot change uuid on a clustered
LVM...

pvchange -u /dev/mapper/mpathk
   Found duplicate PV 46dU6F2rU9xqqOaWf8eihFwbdGp672lS: using
/dev/mapper/mpathh not /dev/mapper/mpathk
   Found duplicate PV 5ZTDCmWHDH6M04nl58Wyyi3nYG8BOCRo: using
/dev/mapper/mpathl not /dev/mapper/mpathi
   Unable to find /dev/mapper/mpathk in NetCluster0
   0 physical volumes changed / 0 physical volumes not changed
   Internal error: Volume Group NetCluster0 was not unlocked
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathh' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathk' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathh' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathk' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathk' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathk' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathh' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathh' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathk' has been left open.
   Device '/dev/mapper/mpathh' has been left open.
   You have a memory leak (not released memory pool):
    [0x1de12a0] format_instance
    [0x1de59e0] read_vg