[CentOS] forwarding packets to service in same host without using loopback network

Arif Hossain aftnix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 19:48:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:32 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Arif Hossain wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:18 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>>
>>> Are you a student?
>>
>> I'm doing my graduate studies, so i'm a student :). But i'm studying
>> theoretical physics so that does not count here :)
>
> <g>
>>
>> bottom line is i'm not a CS student. But i develop software :)
> <snip>
>>> I'm at work, so I may get back to this after work.
>>
>> I should have set up some error code, and do some aborting. but I'm
>> still at prototyping stage.
>
> You *really* should have that simple error handling. It will save you
> grief (and more recompiling, this time with a bunch of printf()'s) as you
> test... and it'll be in there from the start.

Thank you for the advice. I'll keep that in my mind.

>      mark "um, yeah, after years of programming, I taught myself C to get
> a new job
>             in, er, 1989...."

I first typed on a keyboard in 2000. Got my PC (With Windows Me and
blue screen of death) in 2001. I first wrote a "int main" in 2007 in
Turbo C Dos Gui(In my country that's what thrown at students in their
Programming 101 course, no wonder i got a C+ and thought programming
is the worst thing happened to mankind after superman), wrote a
"typedef struct" in 2010. Most of the developer shop's in my country
produce C# forms in Pirated VStudio. So if someone does some linux and
c for fun they pick them like crazy. Its a good thing that i can use
that money to support my education and my cute wife :).

-aft