[CentOS] yum yum or not?

Shaun centos at stinkfish.org
Fri Apr 27 13:26:34 UTC 2012

On 27/04/2012 14:05, Les Mikesell wrote:
> What did you expect:
>
> Removing for dependencies:
>    NetworkManager-gnome
>
> meant  before you confirmed the yum action?

Well if that was what was presented to me as an action then I obviously
need to be more vigilant! :)  In fact I had similar issues in Fedora and
weird things happening adding/removing packages.

But then the reason why I didn't pay as much attention in the first
place is because I *assumed that only that removed-pacakage and
dependencies brought in by it at the install-time would be removed via a
yum remove.

Maybe there are differences in the dependency management that I need to
go read about..?

Thanks.

* assumption being the mother of ..