[CentOS] NTLMv2 compatibility in Samba 3.0.33 standard packages

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Sat Apr 28 13:18:54 UTC 2012

Le 25/04/2012 01:01, Andrew Reis a écrit :
> I've been running into
> the problem of clients using Windows 7 with CentOS 5.X and file/printer
> sharing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stand samba-3.0.33-x.x.x
> packages DO NOT provide compatibility with Windows Vista/7. I've had to
> manually compile samba from source or use the samba3x packages to fix
> the problem. Just wondering if we're ever going to have the NTLMv2
> subroutines compiled into the update/centosplus repo packages.

Hi Andrew,

On my CentOS 5.x > 5.6 machines, I removed standard samba, 3.0.33, and
installed samba3x (3.5.6 at the time I did it first), for this very same
reason.

I don't want to compile anything if I can avoid it, and use the
supported packages from the distribution, that provides updates for it.

Alain