[CentOS] fail2ban attempt, anyone want to add anything?

Bob Hoffman

bob at bobhoffman.com
Fri Apr 20 06:24:50 UTC 2012

On 4/20/2012 2:02 AM, Bob Hoffman wrote:

> /etc.fail2ban/jail.conf
>
> commented out the mailto section
>

> port="25,465,993,995", protocol=tcp]
>
> action   = iptables-multiport[name=ApacheAuth, port=80,443, protocol=tcp]
>

> service fail2ban start
> chkconfig fail2ban on
> service iptables restart (not sure if you have to or not with each
> fail2ban restart)

if I could add something, definitely put ports, if numbers, in
quotes...without quotes I got some errors in the logs
port=ftp, no quotes.....port="2222" quotes

and I added one for vsftp, I use port 5000

[vsftpd-iptables]
enabled  = true
filter   = vsftpd
action   = iptables[name=VSFTPD, port="5000", protocol=tcp]
logpath  = /var/log/vsftpd.log
maxretry = 5
bantime  = 1800