[CentOS] 6.2 How to change hostname for each individual IP

Fri Apr 6 13:18:27 UTC 2012
Jonathan Vomacka <juvix88 at gmail.com>

Good day,

I was wondering if there was a way to change the hostname for each
individual IP address allocated to a system. For example if only one NIC
card is being used (single port) and the hostname of the machine is
"example.example.org", this hostname is being displayed for all
applications no matter what IP I set the application to BIND to. My
server has multiple IP addresses setup as an ALIAS and ive tried setting
up ptr's, A records, and even specifying the new hostname in /etc/hosts.
No matter what I do when I connect to the application it read
"example.example.org" which is the hostname of the machine rather then
the hostname I want it to read on a particular IP. Is this possible to
change?