[CentOS] Cluster with VM and global resources

Fri Apr 20 08:38:13 UTC 2012
Baptiste AGASSE <baptiste.agasse at lyra-network.com>

Hi all,

I've a little problem with software cluster provided by CentOS 6.2
(cman, rgmanager & cie), VM cluster services and global cluster resources.

Here is my system arch:

---------------      ------------------
|clusternode1 |--+---| GFS2:vmimages1 |
---------------  |   |                |
                 |   | VM img 1       |
                 |   | VM img 2       |
                 |   | VM img 3       |
                 +   | ...            |
                 |   ------------------

---------------  |   ------------------
|clusternode2 |--+---| GFS2:vmimages2 |
---------------  |   |                |
                 |   | VM img X       |
                 |   | VM img Y       |
                 |   | VM img Z       |
                 |   | ...            |

---------------  |
|clusternode3 |--+---     ...
---------------  |
...              |

All my cluster nodes are connected to a SAN which houses some GFS2 fs
for VM images files.

I've defined global cluster resources for my GFS2 filesystems where my
vm images files are stored.
Now i want to add this resources to vm services to makes the cluster
aware of VM dependency to the fs which store it image file (to avoid
node to try to start VM if it don't have required filesystem or stop VM
when it lost the filesystem).
When i add global resources to a "normal" cluster service, it works, but
it don't when i try to add global resources to a VM service.

I'm the onlyone with this type of configuration ?

Someone know if it's a bug or it's not supported ?
I don't find anything about it in cluster documentation/man
pages/<cluster commands> --help

Have a nice day.

Regards.

--