[CentOS] problems with PV snapshots

Sun Apr 22 21:26:36 UTC 2012
Riccardo Veraldi <Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it>

Hello,
I have a Centos 6.2 clsuter with a CLVM partition on which I have a GFS2
file system.
The problem rises when I make a snapshot from my FC NetAPP FAS2020.
After I make the snapshot (it is a rw snapshot) of my LUN, I am not able
to mount it from any of my cluster nodes,
because the Physical Volume is seen two times one time on the standard
LVM partition
and the other time on the snapshot partition so te PV is foudn to be
duplicate and I cannot mount it.

 > pvs
   Found duplicate PV 5ZTDCmWHDH6M04nl58Wyyi3nYG8BOCRo: using
/dev/mapper/mpathl not /dev/mapper/mpathi
   PV                 VG          Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
   /dev/mapper/mpathk NetCluster0 lvm2 a--    1.67t 1020.00m

I need a hint on how to fix this problem. I need to access the snaphot
volume to backup my data but I am unable to do it...

thank you very much

Rick