[CentOS] NTLMv2 compatibility in Samba 3.0.33 standard packages

Tue Apr 24 23:01:22 UTC 2012
Andrew Reis <andy at dbmsinc.com>

Good afternoon/morning/evening everyone,

I've been running into
the problem of clients using Windows 7 with CentOS 5.X and file/printer
sharing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stand samba-3.0.33-x.x.x
packages DO NOT provide compatibility with Windows Vista/7. I've had to
manually compile samba from source or use the samba3x packages to fix
the problem. Just wondering if we're ever going to have the NTLMv2
subroutines compiled into the update/centosplus repo packages.

Thanks,

--

_ANDREW REIS_

MCTS, Network+