[CentOS] centos 6.2 md0 boot - no boot actually

Thu Apr 12 00:20:50 UTC 2012
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

On 04/12/2012 12:57 AM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 04/12/2012 12:46 AM, aurfalien wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Taken from this link;
>>
>> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/print.php?form=1&topic_id=34988&forum=55&order=ASC&start=0
>>
>> Seems like I am having the same issue.
>>
>> I assigned my boot loader to be on /dev/md0 rather then the default of /dev/sda1
>
> Not sure if this is valid for CentOS but on Fedora 15 I had to set the
> metadata to version 0.90 when creating the /boot array. Without it (so
> using metadata version 1.0 on /dev/md0 aka /boot) it would not boot.

Patrick, you are spot one. This is a must, and default for CentOS is 1.2
I think.

There is no conversion, you can only backup data from partition on md0
and recreate md0 with:

mdadm --create /dev/md9 --level=1 --raid-disks=2 /dev/sdj1 /dev/sdl1
--metadata=0.90

return data and reinstall grub on sda AND sdb.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...