[CentOS] 6.2 x86_64 "mtrr_cleanup: can not find optimal value"

Thu Apr 12 16:20:14 UTC 2012
Michael McNulty <ionosphere at live.com>

Phil Schaffner wrote on     Thu Apr 12 10:19:15 EDT 2012
> There was a recent forum thread [1] on this issue.  Unfortunately it was
> never cleanly resolved, but you may find some suggestions there.  It
> seems that unmatched memory modules may be a cause.
>
> Phil
>
> [1]
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35167&forum=55&post_id=151503#forumpost151503

I have all the same modules. I can get rid of it by disabling memory remap in bios and lose 600k but I am unclear if any functionality and/or performance will be lost.Reading different threads on the net it looks like a stab in the dark, seems allot of people are hitting a dead end.Thoroughly lost reading the mrtrr kernel docs.