[CentOS] Installing CentOS 6.2 *TO* a USB drive, not installing from USB.

Fri Apr 13 04:52:43 UTC 2012
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 4/13/12, m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Wonder if it's trying to beat the rush - after weeks of googling, a few
> weeks ago, I finally found that if I formatted my 3TB drives on a 4k
> boundry, instead of a 512byte boundry, writes were literally about four
> times faster, because that's the physical sector on the drives.
>
> It may be trying to do the same, to take care of this invisibly.

That is what I think the 2K first sector is supposed to do, align the
physical sector be it a 512 or 4K drive. But unfortunately, the check
for "is this a 4K HDD" appears to be naive.