[CentOS] harddisk partition not created right with centos 5.7

Fri Apr 13 21:26:06 UTC 2012
Markus Falb <markus.falb at fasel.at>

On 13.4.2012 19:51, Vinay Nagrik wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I am building a company application based on Centos 5.7 OS.  The
> application was working earlier and creating right partitions both for
> hardware as well as VM.
>
> But since we introduced Centos 5.7 OS and start building application with
> 5.7 anaconda the hardware partitions are duplicate of VM partitions
>
> *while creating hardware partition my code looks like.*
> LV Name always shows /dev/volGroup00/LogVol00.

> *my VM partition code looks like*
> cat > /tmp/partmap.ks <<EOOPM
> logvol / --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol00 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=1024
> --grow
> logvol swap --fstype swap --name=LogVol01 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=1000

You are not doing both things in the same kickstart and let the 2nd
snippet overwrite /tmp/partmap.ks, doesn't you?
The second snippet belongs in the kickstart of the virtual machine.
--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb