[CentOS] Changing Python Version

Sat Apr 14 18:57:56 UTC 2012
Markus Falb <markus.falb at fasel.at>

On 14.4.2012 20:40, Quincey Robertson wrote:

> I am trying to change the default version of python on my centos 5.7 box and leave the old installation. Frustrated by not finding any help online, I went ahead and installed Python 2.6 from the source. It appears to be my default, but when I fire up mod_wsgi, it complains that it can't import os. Please advise.

I will not answer your question, sorry.
I just remembered that for ruby is such a thing called rvm  (Ruby
version manager) http://beginrescueend.com/ . I wonder if it could be
extended for use with other languages. As I understood it is just a
shell wrapper that sets PATH and such things.
--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb