[CentOS] Changing Python Version

Sun Apr 15 01:45:19 UTC 2012
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

Use the modules environment to change the default for users but not the default for the system.  See modules.sf.net

----- Original Message -----
| Hi;
| I am trying to change the default version of python on my centos 5.7
| box and leave the old installation. Frustrated by not finding any
| help online, I went ahead and installed Python 2.6 from the source.
| It appears to be my default, but when I fire up mod_wsgi, it
| complains that it can't import os. Please advise.
| TIA,
| Quincey

James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
Phone   : 778-782-6573
Fax     : 778-782-3045
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached
in life but as by the obstacles they have overcome. - Booker T. Washington