[CentOS] Virtualization in CentOS 6

Sun Apr 15 16:28:10 UTC 2012
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>

>If you like ESXi and have a windows box to run the client, why not use
>the free version?

Under the original use case where I had to use the desktop to work also, I
couldn't.

>   In any case I would probably use a 'native' remote
>access method (freenx/NX for linux, VNC or remote desktop for windows)
>instead of the client console once everything is installed.   Or for
>occasional use, VMware player is OK - again using native remote access
>methods since it ties the client console to the host.

I'm comfortable doing everything I need to via ssh into the esxi server so I
don't need the client really. All the Linux guests are console based, and for
the windows guests I certainly use rdp if need be.

The kvm option proposed earlier is surely a backup.

Thanks!
jlc