[CentOS] PHP and PHP53 on CentOS5

Tue Apr 17 16:08:20 UTC 2012
Regendoerp, Achim <Achim.Regendoerp at galacoral.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Max Pyziur
Sent: 17 April 2012 16:03
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] PHP and PHP53 on CentOS5

> Much thanks for all of the replies.
>
> My sense, then, from all of the replies is that on CentoOS5, given the need for it, you upgrade to PHP53.
>
> In running a yum update, how do you do it?
>
> Is it just a straight
> # yum update php\*

php and php53 are separate packages, so you would have to remove the php packages and run yum install php53. Chances are yum may just remove php then upon installation of php53

This email has been sent from Gala Coral Group Limited ("GCG") or a subsidiary or associated company. GCG is registered in England with company number 07254686.   Registered office address: 71 Queensway, London W2 4QH, United Kingdom; website: www.galacoral.com.

This e-mail message (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain privileged and/or proprietorial information protected by legal rules.  It is for use by the intended addressee only. If you believe you are not the intended recipient or that the sender is not authorised to send you the email, please return it to the sender (and please copy it to hq at galacoral.com) and then delete it from your computer.  You should not otherwise copy or disclose its contents to anyone.

Except where this email is sent in the usual course of business, the views expressed are those of the sender and not necessarily ours.  We reserve the right to monitor all emails sent to and from our businesses, to protect the businesses and to ensure compliance with internal policies.

Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error-free, as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, and may contain viruses; anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept these risks.  GCG accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses.