[CentOS] XEN or KVM - performance/stability/security?

Fri Apr 20 13:23:27 UTC 2012
Dmitry Cherkasov <doctorchd at gmail.com>

Hi,

KVM if used as it is will show very poor performance on CentOS5. To
achieve better results you need to update kernel to at least 2.6.32
and compile newer versions of libvirt and qemu. On CentOS6 all is fine
with KVM right out of the box.

Never used XEN so cannot compare.

Dmitry Cherkasov