[CentOS] A request from the CentOS Project

Fri Apr 20 15:20:01 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

On 4/20/2012 11:12 AM, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> Am 20.04.2012 16:02, schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
>
>>          mark "why, yes, I *do* remember Kantor&  Siegal, and the aftermath to them"
> Don't get me started. Ah, the good old pre-spam days!
I was not working for a computer company, but I finally got online in 93
through various things like prodigy, aol, compuserv, etc.
I do remember a fateful day when I was in aol, back when it was $4 an
hour and there was a chat room called 'spam'
I thought it was rather odd that a group of people would be discussing
an old monty python skit and jumped in.
After a few minutes it was obvious they were not talking about monty python.

even then, they were there figuring out how to spam spam spam.

not all of us were lucky enough to be working main frames in the 80s for
the usenet dang it.