[CentOS] CentOS-Base.repo file for CentOS-4.9 in Vault

Fri Apr 20 21:22:08 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

All,

There have been many people asking for how to do installs now that
CentOS-4 has moved past End Of Life.

First, I want to tell you that it is VERY dangerous to use CentOS-4
now.  There is at least 1 critical (ie, remotely exploitable root) issue
on CentOS 4 already:

https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2012-1182

The number of unpatched critical issues will grow.  Using CentOS-4 is
NOT safe.

That being said, here is how you can use the Vault.  I have created a
CentOS-Base.repo that should work for users who absolutely need it:

http://vault.centos.org/4.9/CentOS-Base.repo

If you replace your current file with this file, you should be able to
use the vault.

There will be no updates to the files there.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes