[CentOS] Centos 4 repos help me!

Mon Apr 23 16:14:22 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 04/23/2012 10:32 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Monday, April 23, 2012 06:51:36 AM Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> They have been put there recently ... I am conflicted about making vault
>> easy to use.
> Johnny, speaking of vault, there is a minor issue I see with vault:
> +++++++++++++
> rsync rsync://vault.centos.org/
>
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosk5)
> ---------------------------------------
>
> This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide mirror network
> to synchronize mirrors.
>
> Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror
> use a mirror listed at http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13
>
> If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
> notes at :- http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15
>
> If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a
> mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such mirror.
>
> The list referenced is for main CentOS content, not vault.  Are there mirrors of vault, and, if not, is it OK to pull a private mirror of portions of vault (Source RPMs, in particular) with rsync, or will such cause the result mentioned in the last paragraph?

Rsync is setup on all the vault mirrors ... there are more than 1.
(There are currently 4 and one master ... these are in both the US and EU)

Here is how to rsync them if you want:
rsync vault.centos.org::centos-full-store/

The name is geoip enabled, so you should get machines close to you in
the US and EU ... and others (outside the US and EU) will get a US or EU
vault mirror.