[CentOS] Centos 4 repos help me! [OT]

Mon Apr 23 19:07:49 UTC 2012
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Monday, April 23, 2012 02:39:10 PM Jason Pyeron wrote:
> We have been migrating a single RHEL3 box for several years. Shoot me now
> please.

I still have a 'not internet-connected' CentOS 2.1 server for one particular application.  Hrmph, I still have a Red Hat Linux 5.2 box in production for a really old application that the client 'just can't live without' (but they are just about finished with an 8 year long migration over to something more modern.... the problem is that the 'modern' target keeps moving.....).  The people with the RHL5 box were considering upgrading to CentOS 2.1 for that application (it's a libc5-based binary-only app with no vendor support (vendor's upgrade doesn't support features heavily used by client's app!)).

I suggested something completely different, and they've been on-again/off-again migrating to something ever newer.... looks like they are about 90% of the way there, using a PHP app framework that keeps getting upgrades....

None of these are internet connected; an RHL5.2 box on the live internet... hmm, might be old enough that current metasploit and script kiddie frameworks may not work..... but that's probably a pipe dream....