[CentOS] XEN or KVM - performance/stability/security?

Tue Apr 24 12:55:41 UTC 2012
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de>

On 04/24/2012 11:58 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> On 04/23/2012 06:44 PM, Peter Peltonen wrote:
>>> I would add some LXC pins for quick ehanced chroot, depending on the use
>>> case
>> LXC sounds interesting: are there any yum repositries / RPMs /
>> tutorials for CentOS available?
>
> You dont need rpms: the libvirt directly use the LXC API.
> A tutorial: http://goo.gl/kQOxm
>
> All you need is to
> - setup the XML
> - define a VM from it
> - start the VM
>
> No more, for the "basic" example.
> Really fun.
> Of course, when you need a custom environment, you'll need to read
> further: but it's still fun :-)

Remember that currently LXC isn't very secure (as mentioned in the tutorial
link) so you probably don't want to use it for important stuff in a
production environment.

Regards,
  Dennis