[CentOS] Does SMTP Connection Drop When Posfix Reload is Issued ?

Wed Apr 25 11:45:20 UTC 2012
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org>

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 11:42 +0000, Prabhpal S. Mavi wrote:
> i think i must tell little background as well. it is actually php script
> that perform blacklist check every minute through cron. if it found that
> IP is blacklisted. It will then insert "relay host =" value in main.cf and
> reload postfix service. When IP is no more blacklisted it will then remove
> the same directive from main.cf and reload postfix.

Why not propely 'out-source' this to a Postfix map rather than modifying
main.cf.  Dynamic modification of main.cf is *seriously* brain-damaged
in my opinion.  Point a map at an LDAP DSA or an RDBMS database and have
the application update *that*.  Then Postfix checks the map.  Nobody
needs to get constantly hup'd and you aren't touching configuation files
that *should not be writable* anyway.