[CentOS] forwarding packets to service in same host without using loopback network

Wed Apr 25 19:32:46 UTC 2012

Arif Hossain wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:18 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>
>> Are you a student?
>
> I'm doing my graduate studies, so i'm a student :). But i'm studying
> theoretical physics so that does not count here :)

<g>

> bottom line is i'm not a CS student. But i develop software :)
<snip>
>> I'm at work, so I may get back to this after work.
>
> I should have set up some error code, and do some aborting. but I'm
> still at prototyping stage.

You *really* should have that simple error handling. It will save you
grief (and more recompiling, this time with a bunch of printf()'s) as you
test... and it'll be in there from the start.

      mark "um, yeah, after years of programming, I taught myself C to get
a new job
             in, er, 1989...."