[CentOS] Not Quite Minimal CentOS 6.2

Thu Apr 26 12:55:08 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 04/25/2012 01:02 AM, Al Sparks wrote:

> You're right. The stack was there.
>
> First, I was inaccurate when I said I installed 6.2.  I actually installed 6.0, and later updated via yum.
>
> Second, yeah I was able to start the network service, so there was a stack.  All I'd get would be the loopback or "lo" interface, but it was there.
>
> But going into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts was a pain because there was no ifcfg-eth0 file I could play with.  That's when I gave up and re-installed, but added more stuff beyond "base" just to be sure.
>
> As for not configuring the network during the install process, I was pretty sure I had.  For some reason it didn't take.  Maybe I didn't click a save box when I should have.  I don't know.
>     === Al

Don't get the wrong idea here ... I think it is a very silly way to do
installs to not default with the network turned on.  It should be turned
on ... but upstream decided it differently and I do not get to be the
decider :D

One way to always get it to work is to do a network install.  By
default, you will get the same network after install that you input to
do the install.