[CentOS] Not Quite Minimal CentOS 6.2

Thu Apr 26 18:34:21 UTC 2012
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Thursday, April 26, 2012 02:12:20 PM Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> >> Yes, that's a horrible thing for servers.
> > I've said it before, and I'll say it again: enterprise != servers.

> How's that?

A distribution being an 'enterprise' distribution does not equate with that distribution being an (exclusively) 'server' distribution.  While CentOS makes a great server distribution, that is a subset of what an enterprise distribution needs to be able to do.

And I've not had any NetworkManager issues with my upstream EL6.2 box running a local GUI, xrdp and vnc, some reverse ssh tunnels for remote maintenance of some dynamically addressed, behind-the-NAT boxes, among other things (development CMS/web serving, CIFS shares, and more, including a test OpenNMS instance).  Multiple NICs, multiple subnets, and solid as a rock with nailed up addresses, running with NetworkManager.  I've thus far not seen any of the issues others have seen, once I remembered to set up networking at install, and remembered the two checkboxes to check (which I've posted before on this list).