[CentOS] LibreOffice rpm's vs Centos testing repo

Thu Apr 26 22:55:51 UTC 2012
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

On 19.03.2012 11:43, Jake Shipton wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:50:21 +0000
> nux at li.nux.ro wrote:
>
>> Jake,
>>
>> Sure, 3.5 is on the to do list.
>> I see this trend a lot, to make repos out of official rpms (at least
>> Ljubomir is also doing it). Maybe it's worth doing this on a bigger
>> scale. Care to share what exactly you are doing? Are you using any
>> "meta" packages?
> Hi,
>
> The setup is pretty basic (imo) because the repo is used only in a
> LAN
> and never used outside of this LAN, I do not worry about generating
> delta's or stuff like that. I don't even GPG sign them.
>
> The local repo is also used for other self compiled RPM's. These
> would
> usually be tagged with a ".hr" tag (ie,
> <packagename>-<version>.el6.hr.x86_64) for easy removal.
>
> But as far as I am aware to do that, with official RPM's it would
> require a rebuild.
>
> So what I tend to do is just open up filezilla, ftp to a libreoffice
> mirror, browse my way to libreoffice stable RPM's, and download them
> "/var/www/html/repository/<arch>" (Which is actually just a link
> to /home/<username>/rpmbuild/RPMS)
>
> Obviously the repository it's self is pre-setup because of the other
> packages, so as my normal user next up I would just run:
>
> createrepo --update ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/<arch>
> createrepo --update ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/SRPMS
>
> A quick check for SELinux permission's and it's good to go :-). Now
> from local machines on the LAN I would just use "yum install
> libobasis*
> libreoffice*" etc, then pick and remove the unnecessary extra
> packages.
> and "yum update" takes care of updates :-) (after I have redone the
> above..)
>
> This is something most user could easily do them selves, and it could
> also be done publicly, however it is still a "messy" method even if
> somebody else does it for you (and you just enable/add the repo).
>
> I would still prefer to be able to have RPM's built specifically for
> EL6.
>
> I guess that raises the question of "You have the repo, rpmbuild
> etc setup, why don't you build them your self?", and to answer it:
>
> Because I do not have the CPU Power :-) (Still got a Single core
> here....)
>
> But yeah.. that's basically all I do :-).

And that's what I did as well. Check this out:
http://www.nux.ro/archive/2012/04/LibreOffice_org_RPMs_in_a_yum_friendly_format.html
I'll spam this in a separate message on the usual places.

Also, more good news comes from Redhat as RHEL 6.3 will contains
Libreoffice 3.4.5!

Nux!
www.nux.ro