[CentOS] Centos 6 - Create raid 1 + LVM during gui install

Fri Apr 27 14:51:53 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

On 4/27/2012 10:35 AM, aurfalien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does any one know of a how to for creating raid 1 + LVMs during install for Centos 6?
>
> Do I create the physical LVM first and then raid or vise versa?
>
> Its seems diff then doing it for Centos 5.
>
> - aurf

The way I did it was one drive at a time.

I did two, one for boot, the second was the OS

boot-
add a raid partition, did it for each drive, then make a raid device and
select all both drives, /boot for mount point

OS-
added a raid partition for each drive, then when you make the raid
device select physical volume as the file system type and both raid
partitions you made for the OS.

then you hit create again and select volume group, select the raid
device you want to play with.
you add mount points, these are your logical volumes...
/swap
/
/var
etc etc etc....

you cannot clone like you did in centos 5, so you must make the raid
devices on each drive....a lot of deselecting and repetition....

to add a slave, you need to go through the motions, then edit your
physical volume raid device....it will then allow you to make one a
spare...until then the spare selection is greyed out...

hope this helps.