[CentOS] yum yum or not?

Fri Apr 27 17:15:31 UTC 2012
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Fri, April 27, 2012 04:15, Shaun wrote:
> Well this is it. I've used both 'remove' and 'history undo' and had
> better success (system not having something important removed) with
> the latter.

I have only this suspicion.  It may be that yum history undo only rolls back the
changes actually made by the previous yum update/install since it 'knows' that the
system environment has not changed in the interim.  Whereas yum history remove,
since it has to cherry-pick packages from a possibly changed environment, instead
removes rpm dependencies based on the package specs of the items directly added by
the original yum command, whether these were installed in that transaction or not.

But, this is only a guess.

Canada  L8E 3C3