[CentOS] IP range

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Thu Aug 2 19:50:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 12:45:46PM -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> It doesn't work that way... You may think you bought 8 ip's, but you can only
> pass traffic on 6... That is how it works... You buy 16, and only 14 work. The
> first and last address are as Johnny said...

It very much depends on if he bought a routed subnet or bought 8
individual IPs.  It's very possible the OP _does_ have 8 IPs to play
with but, because it's not a subnet, he may need to configure them
individually.

(I had a friend who bought 4 IPs from BellAtlantic DSL in the late 90s
 that were 4 available IPs and not a routed subnet; his OpenBSD firewall
 machine would proxy-arp for the Windows machines sitting behind it)

--

rgds
Stephen