[CentOS] compare zfs xfs and jfs o

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Aug 4 15:21:05 UTC 2012

On 08/04/2012 09:36 AM, ashkab rahmani wrote:
> thank you. very usefull
> i think i'll try btrfs or jfs,
> i'll send you btrfs result for you.
>
> On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
>> On 04.08.2012 15:19, ashkab rahmani wrote:
>>> thank you i have redundancy but i have simplified scenario.
>>> but i think ext4 is notbas fast as others. is it true?

Personally, I would use ext4 ... faster is not always better.

As Nux! initially said, ext4 is the OS that RHEL and Fedora support as
their main file system.  I would (and do) use that.  The 6.3 kernel does
support xfs and CentOS has the jfs tools in our extras directory, but I
like tried and true over experimental.