[CentOS] cups printing to a remote network

Gregory P. Ennis

PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Aug 5 04:30:48 UTC 2012

Everyone,

I have an need to be able to print to an HP1320 that is usb connected to
a Fedora 17 desktop on a remote network from a Centos 5.8 cups print
server on an internal network.  The desktop is in a remote network that
belongs to to a different client than the one owning the cups print
server.

The F17 usb HP1320 connection works fine, and I can also get the F17
system to poll the cups print server in order to print to any of the
printers on the internal network.  So far I have not been able to figure
out a way to print to the remote HP1320 from inside the internal
network.

I am about ready to ask the remote client to provide a static ip address
that we can use that to be able to connect separately from them.  It
just seems there ought to be a way to do this.  I am unable to poll the
desktop unit on the remote network from the internal network because of
firewall restrictions on the remote network.

Any ideas ????

Greg Ennis